- Why Free Flight Training Can Be Dangerous. Remembering Tui The African Grey
- Ringneck Parakeets In The UK: Where’d All The Birdies Come From?!
- Amazon Parrot Attacks An Evil Violin – Watch Out!
- Lost Parrot? Never Give Up Hope!
- Law Says No Service Birds Allowed? Register Him As An Emotional Support Parrot.
African grey parrots classically are not cuddly. It's true, this could be a misconception. If you have a Congo or a Timneh African grey that seems standoffish, it's okay. We can't take this behavior personally.. Many parrots need to work up to the point when they will trust. Of course, there are African grey parrots, Congo and Timneh, that are comfortable with petting and seek it out. My African grey gives me stink eye when he doesn't want to be touched. In the evenings, though, he loves a good head preening. And anytime of day, he wants to stay within feet of me, or hang out on my knee. It took many months of interaction with my CAG to get to the point where he trusted me.
But this one tells his owner exactly what he doesn't want:
In recent years, more studies are being done on various animal species regarding intelligence. The African grey has become a popular subject, especailly sine Dr. Irene Pepperberg made Alex the CAG famous in her research lab. Do we really need to take such a cold, scientific look at live, sentient beings?