- Dedicated To Finding Solutions For Parrot Problems. You’re Not Alone.
- Getting Buff With Your Bird: Workout Time!
- Budgie Sunday Special: Never Doubt A Parakeet And His Talking Abilities!
- Wild Wednesday: Are Puffins, The Sea Parrots Of The North, In Danger?
- One Quick Tip To Train A Lovebird – Be Sweet!
Today we got a message from a fan who wanted to know if trick training your parrot is good or bad. About the video below, she wrote, “It’s cute but I really don’t like how he commands the bird to do the trick. It’s so disciplinarian and there’s no treat afterwards just his “good bird”. Wonder what that little guy went through to get to this point.” Here is the video:
In our opinion, trick training your parrot like this can be very rewarding, for you and your pet. parrot. A parrot is not going to do a behavior if he does not want to. How you handle your bird can either build or break a trust bond between you. Never force your bird to do a trick. On the following pages are some ways that you can use to engage your parrot with training tricks. Knowing how to use clicker training is best before you teach any tricks. If you are not familiar with pointer and clicker training, we strongly suggest you learn about these techniques before you attempt to train a parrot. Building a bond is always the first step.